Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Official FreeSWITCH Training (NY)
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, December 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
The FreeSWITCH Training Bootcamp is a full 3-day intensive training providing in-depth coverage of FreeSWITCH installation, configuration, maintenance and programming. You will learn, step by step, how to configure, manage and program the FreeSWITCH telephony soft switch in great detail. Tips and tricks in debugging and optimizing FreeSWITCH are also taught.
Scheduled training courses will take place around the world. Learn more of our dates at VoIPKB.com
December 12 - 14, 2012
New York, NY
Who should attend:
- VoIP providers seeking “Open Source” platforms to enhance their businesses
- Anyone seeking proficiency in FreeSWITCH
- Network Consultants and VARs who need a jump start in the technology
- Developers who want to use FreeSWITCH to create new telephony applications and appliances
Topics that will be covered in this course:
- Install FreeSWITCH on a Linux Machine
- Understanding configuration files and the default configuration
- Call authentication and routing basics
- Integration modules (mod_skypiax, mod_dingaling for Skype/GTalk/XMPP integration)
- Understanding presence
- Load balancing and high availability
- FreeSWITCH Internals
- How to debug and troubleshoot FreeSWITCH
- Building Custom C Modules
- Advanced Modules
This training course will be a mixture of lectures and hands-on lab exercises. By the end of the third day, students will have completed a number of labs that allow for the successful installation and configuration of a working soft switch that will process calls from within the classroom and from outside numbers and make various routing decisions. If time allows and interest is present, students will also compile a basic custom C module that introduces new dialplan and API commands into the FreeSWITCH system.
The event will be held regardless of number of registrations. There is a strict limit of 20 students in the classroom. There are no refunds unless the event is cancelled. Class hours are officially 9am-5pm EST each day, though we may try to start earlier and you can certainly ask questions after the class.
The class will be taught by one instructor and a T.A. will circulate the class to answer questions and ensure students are being helped at all times.